ACCESS NEW RANGE OF MOTION
There are too many yogis walking around with injuries from their yoga practice. The reason mostly being people pushing their body beyond it’s limits and not focusing on strength to balance out the pursuit for a flexible body. In this workshop with Karin Dimitrovova, we are going to focus on the difference between flexibility and mobility and explain why strength is essential for a good range of motion. You will learn mobility sequences for healthy joints and move through flows with a focus on backbends, hips and hamstrings, so you can start practicing towards your goals in a healthy manner.
– Bring into attention the term mobility and why it’s so crucial for a healthy balanced practice.
– Learn how to stretch safely (why we do what we do in yoga).
– Learn techniques that will help you compliment your own practice.
– Step by step mobility routine for splits and backbends.
– Difference between mobility and flexibility.
– Why being too flexible might not be the best for our bodies.
– How to safely increase range of motion.
– why our brains matter more than our bodies (regarding stretching) and why is it important for our practice.
– mobility routine for healthy and happy wrists, shoulders, hips.
– how to work on increasing our range of motion in splits and backbends (non-yoga approach).
We are excited to have Karin lead her workshop at Baraza.
DATE: 22nd September 12pm
DURATION: 2 hours